Middlesbrough – Bournemouth Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 18, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 23
Kick-off: 13:30 Middlesbrough – Bournemouth
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Middlesbrough – Bournemouth Preview
- The Chris Wilder era at Middlesbrough seems to be going from strength to strength. He’s now overseen a run of eight points from five games (W2, D2, L1) which directly followed a run of one draw from three games prior to his arrival (D1, L2). Despite the clear improvement though, a slow start could prove fatal here as they remain one of just four sides yet to win when falling behind in the Championship this term (D2, L8).
- Given the latter, it comes as no surprise that each of Middlesbrough’s last four home league wins were accompanied by a clean sheet. After their 1-0 success last time out versus Swansea gave Wilder his first home win at the third time of asking, the ‘Boro’ will look to make it back-to-back home league wins for the first time since October!
- On the other hand, there’ll be a place reserved on the naughty list for Bournemouth if their current five-game winless streak (D3, L2) extends further into the busy festive schedule. With Premier League promotion their main aim this campaign, the visitors must avoid defeat here to repel the chasing pack from their coveted top-two position.
- While the hosts can’t be trusted when going behind, the visitors have failed to win six league games when taking a lead (W12, D5, L1) and in fact, the ‘Cherries’ failed to win each of their last three away games despite leading in all (D2, L1). Damningly, that return of four conceded goals from their last three trips is a marked downturn following a run of seven consecutive away league clean sheets prior.
- Players to watch: Paddy McNair has been involved in the action since Wilder’s Boro appointment, scoring a goal and being booked in two of his five games. Meanwhile, Dominic Solanke scored five goals in his last six Bournemouth appearances; he also netted in both H2Hs last season.
- Hot stat: Six of Middlesbrough’s last seven home and nine of Bournemouth’s last ten away matches saw under 2.5 total goals (Championship).
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Urartu - Ararat Yerevan Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Hamburger SV - Stuttgart Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Twente - Heerenveen Prediction and Betting Tips | EREDIVISIE
Match Preview: Manchester City - Manchester Utd Prediction and Betting Tips | FA CUP