Match Preview: Fiorentina 2-2 Sassuolo Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Fiorentina – Sassuolo Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 19, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 18
Kick-off: 12:30 Fiorentina – Sassuolo
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Fiorentina – Sassuolo Preview
- Four wins from their last five Serie A (SA) outings has kept Fiorentina firmly in the hunt for European football next season and means they’ve now amassed their most points after 17 games (30) since 2015/16, when they went on to qualify for the Europa League. Hot on their heels that season were Sunday’s opposition, Sassuolo, a side who Fiorentina haven’t beaten at home since 2017 (D1, L2).
- The ‘Viola’ conceded first in those three H2H games, but it’s been a different story at home this season, as they’ve found the net first in seven of their eight SA home games. They haven’t stopped there either, averaging 3.4 goals per game across their last five SA home outings, all of which were won, including three wins ‘to nil’.
- Fiorentina’s potency could spell trouble for Sassuolo, who are without a clean sheet on the road this season and have conceded 2+ goals in six of their last eight away outings. A leaky defence is undoubtedly the reason Sassuolo aren’t mixing it with SA’s big-hitters, although they do at least have a strong chin, rescuing 11 points from losing positions in SA this season.
- The ‘Neroverdi’ might be floating in mid-table but they do have a knack of claiming big scalps on the road, with all three of their SA away wins this season coming against sides above them in the table ahead of the round – including Juventus and AC Milan. Each of those wins saw them lead at half-time, and only Atalanta (12) have scored more than their nine first-half away SA goals this season.
- Players to watch: Fiorentina’s red-hot Dušan Vlahović has netted ten goals in his last seven SA outings and his goals have proved to be the match winner in four of those. On a similarly hot streak is Sassuolo’s Domenico Berardi who has seven goal involvements (G4, A3) in his last six SA outings, but has also been shown a yellow card in three successive SA games.
- Hot streak: Both teams have scored in Sassuolo’s last 11 SA games.