Fulham – Sheffield Utd Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 20, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 23
Kick-off: 20:45 Fulham – Sheffield Utd
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 WON!!!
Fulham – Sheffield Utd Preview
- Although Fulham are unbeaten in 11 straight Championship games (W7, D4), a run of four consecutive draws coming into this match means their position as strong title challengers is beginning to look shaky. Even so, with a striker in Aleksandar Mitrović who ahead of this round has scored more goals than five Championship sides this term, you can never write Fulham off.
- Instilling confidence amongst the Fulham ranks will be their return of four wins from the last five H2Hs, a run that saw the ‘Cottagers’ score a considerable average of 2.6 goals per match. Fans will hope for a return to that scoring form here as Fulham have netted just once across their last two home games (D2), after previously scoring at least twice in each of the five games prior (W5).
- The new manager bounce is in full force at Sheffield United after they won both games following the re-appointment of Paul Heckingbottom, and it appears their playoff chase is back on. That honeymoon period could be about to end in dramatic fashion though as the new boss has lost all five of his personal clashes with Fulham, four times by a margin of at least two goals.
- However, another victory here would give the resurgent ‘Blades’ a fourth straight win for the first time since 2019. What may stop them from achieving that feat is a suspect defence, as Sheffield United have conceded at least twice in five of their last seven away games, which will be a huge worry as they take on the division’s most dangerous frontline.
- Players to watch: Mitrović is just one Championship goal contribution shy of his return after 40 games during Fulham’s last promotion campaign (2021/22 – G22, A5). Meanwhile, Sheffield United’s top contributor, Billy Sharp (G6, A6), has scored beyond the 70th minute in his last two appearances.
- Hot stat: Ahead of this round, only two Championship sides have picked up fewer yellow cards than Sheffield United’s 35 (1.67 on average).