Match Preview: Genoa 0-0 Atalanta Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Genoa – Atalanta Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 21, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 19
Kick-off: 20:45 Genoa – Atalanta
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Genoa – Atalanta Preview
- Four successive Serie A (SA) defeats by margins of at least two goals sees Genoa start the final round of 2021 in the bottom three, and with just one league win all season (D7, L10) they’ll be glad to see the back of this calendar year. Each of their four recent defeats saw them trail ‘to nil’ at half-time, which is hardly surprising given they’ve scored a paltry two first-half SA goals all season!
- Lamenting the league’s worst home record this term (D3, L5), Genoa haven’t won a home SA game since April (D3, L7). They’ve now scored just once across their last four league matches here, but will hope they can take some confidence from beating fellow SA strugglers Salernitana 1-0 in midweek cup action at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris.
- Title hopefuls Atalanta were hammered 4-1 by Roma in their last SA outing, their 12th game in a row to feature scoring before half-time. They’ll expect to bounce back immediately here as they’re unbeaten in five H2Hs (W3, D2) and haven’t lost consecutive league games since October 2020.
- However, although they won on their last two visits, they were pushed hard before prevailing by one-goal margins. Unbeaten in SA away games since March (W12, D3) and the only team in Europe’s ‘top five’ leagues yet to lose a league game on the road this term (W8, D1), Atalanta will likely see this as a great opportunity to end the year on a high and boost their title ambitions.
- Hot stat: Five of Atalanta’s last seven SA road games witnessed goals inside the opening 15 minutes.
Match Preview: Ivory Coast - Egypt Prediction and Betting Tips | Africa Cup of Nations
Match Preview: Senegal 2-0 Cape Verde Prediction and Betting Tips | Africa Cup of Nations
Match Preview: Guinea 0-1 Gambia Prediction and Betting Tips | Africa Cup of Nations
Match Preview: Cagliari 1-1 Fiorentina Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A