Sassuolo – Bologna Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 22, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 19
Kick-off: 16:30 Sassuolo – Bologna
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
Sassuolo – Bologna Preview
- With a seventh consecutive haul of 2+ goals in Serie A (SA) football after drawing 2-2 at the weekend, Sassuolo extended their unbeaten league run to six games (W2, D4), the second-longest in the league heading into this round. Whilst those are often the credentials of a title-challenging team, Sassuolo continue to struggle to even break into the top half of the standings such is the collective strength of SA.
- As a centre-back in Italy’s lower leagues for 15 years, the blood of head coach Alessio Dionisi must surely be reaching boiling point after 12 straight matches without a clean sheet. His hopes that a half-time/full-time double at AC Milan in late November and at Juventus in late October could be the beginning of some consistent performances have been dashed, with his team not leading at the end of both halves in any other SA fixture since the opening round.
- Bologna are the only other team to join Sassuolo on 24 points after 18 games, but with a contrasting formline after three defeats on the spin. They’ve trailed at half-time in six of their eight SA defeats this season and may offer Sassuolo the opportunity to dominate from start to finish here if they fail to up their performances.
- Whilst this remains their joint-best SA start since 2002/03 in terms of points, that threatens to dissolve after conceding 2+ goals in three straight matches. Having now played ten consecutive SA games which saw a winner (W4, L6), eight of which went to the pre-match favourites on the day, Bologna will be keen to record what would be their maiden win of the SA season as a travelling outsider (W0, D2, L3).
- Players to watch: After his first-half match opener last round, Gianluca Scamacca has now scored first for Sassuolo in four of their last six SA outings. Musa Barrow has done so for Bologna five times this SA season (when excluding own goals), but with a debatable impact on their overall success (W1, D1, L3).
- Hot streak: Both teams have scored in the last seven H2Hs.