Match Preview: Crystal Palace 3-0 Norwich Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Crystal Palace – Norwich Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 28, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 20
Kick-off: 16:00 Crystal Palace – Norwich
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Crystal Palace – Norwich Match Preview
- Preparations in the Crystal Palace camp fell into disarray ahead of their 3-0 Boxing Day defeat to Tottenham, as manager Patrick Vieira tested positive for Coronavirus. Though club talisman Wilfried Zaha was then sent off during the match, the ‘Eagles’ still seem to be worthy favourites here, having lost just once at home so far this campaign (W3, D5).
- That considered, this is as good an opportunity as any for Palace to slay a curse, which has them winless in their last league game of a calendar year across each of the previous nine seasons (D7, L2). They may also take additional encouragement from a strong return across their last four H2Hs against visitors Norwich City (W3, D1).
- There was no Christmas miracle to be had for Dean Smith’s basement-bound Norwich side on Boxing Day, as they slumped to a fourth consecutive defeat without scoring. Smith branded the Christmas fixture pile-up as ‘lunacy’, with first-choice goalkeeper Tim Krul sidelined due to Coronavirus as his side fell to a 5-0 defeat last time out.
- Consequently, the ‘Canaries’ could be defensively compromised yet again, as they seek to avoid recording consecutive losses to-nil by a 3+ goal margin for the second time this season. Given that Norwich have also failed to win in 26 of their last 27 PL trips to London clubs (D6, L20), damage limitation may well be their objective here.
- Players to watch: Conor Gallagher could be an outlet for Palace in the absence of Zaha, with two of his four goalscoring games this season seeing him bag a brace. As for Norwich, Teemu Pukki is now the only player to find the net across their last 551 minutes of play, though he is yet to score against Palace in his career (D1, L1).
- Hot stat: Norwich have recorded draws in four of their last five year-ending league games (D4, L1).