Match Preview: Chelsea 1-1 Brighton Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Chelsea – Brighton Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 29, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 20
Kick-off: 20:30 Chelsea – Brighton
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
Chelsea – Brighton Match Preview
- Chelsea fans are enjoying their festive football as their side recorded a brace of competitive away wins by two-goal margins either side of Christmas Day. Trying to stay in touch with Premier League (PL) leaders Manchester City, they’ll close 2021 – a year to remember thanks to their UEFA Champions League triumph – against Brighton & Hove Albion, to whom they haven’t lost since their very first meeting back in January 1933 (W12, D3)!
- However, one of those stalemates came here last term so the ‘Blues’ will be taking nothing for granted, particularly as they’ve also drawn three of their last four PL fixtures at Stamford Bridge (W1) and are battling injuries and illness. With their last three home games witnessing four penalties scored, both teams’ goalkeepers might be considering extra practice against spot kicks!
- Brighton gave their fans a late Christmas present by breaking their 12-match winless run in all competitions (D9, L3 – outcomes at 90 minutes) with a 2-0 win over Brentford on Boxing Day. They’re now hoping to end the year in the top half having made their best ever 17-game start to a PL campaign.
- Although the ‘Seagulls’ haven’t claimed a league away win since September, they’ve been hard to break down on the road, subsequently losing just once (W2, D5). Much of that away success has been down to their never-say-die attitude which has seen them salvage three draws with goals after the 85th minute, while they also drew 2-2 at Liverpool back in October after being 2-0 down inside 25 minutes.
- Players to watch: If Chelsea earn another penalty, Jorginho will look to make it five converted spot kicks in as many PL games, three of his last four coming after the 55th minute. Neal Maupay has netted in three of Brighton’s last four league matches and they’re unbeaten in his goalscoring PL games this term (W4, D3).
- Hot stat: Chelsea are unbeaten in their last nine calendar year-ending fixtures (W6, D3).