Getafe – Real Madrid Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 2, 2022
Football: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 19
Kick-off: 14:00 Getafe – Real Madrid
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Getafe – Real Madrid Match Preview
- The first La Liga (LL) action of the New Year gets underway at Coliseum Alfonso Pérez as lowly Getafe face up to the extremely tough task of hosting table-topping cross-city rivals Real Madrid. After starting this campaign winless across their opening 11 league outings, Getafe have since turned a corner in their bid to avoid relegation, losing just one of their last eight LL outings (W3, D4) which should breed confidence heading into this vital clash.
- Getafe have suffered defeat in 23 of their previous 32 LL H2Hs though (W5, D4), and haven’t won any of the previous 15 such clashes in a streak dating back to August 2012! The hosts have also failed to win any of their last eight top-flight match-ups with teams from the Spanish capital (D2, L6) – failing to score in seven – whilst their return of just 12 LL goals this season is comfortably the worst in the competition!
- Starting 2022 eight points clear at the top of the LL standings, visiting Real are currently marching towards their 35th Spanish top-flight title. That’s courtesy of an ongoing 11-match unbeaten LL run that Carlo Ancelotti’s side find themselves on, winning a stunning nine of those outings (D2) whilst netting two or more goals across eight.
- Averaging 2.50 points per away LL fixture this campaign, Real have excelled on the road this campaign (W8, D1, L1). That form has seen them average 2.3 goals per away outing, a statistic sure to frighten Getafe considering Real are also unbeaten across their last seven away LL H2Hs (W5, D2), a streak most expect to be extended here.
- Players to watch: Getafe’s Enes Ünal has netted five times in LL this season, three were match openers. Real’s Karim Benzema has 15 LL strikes this campaign – his last six all arrived before half-time.
- Hot stat: Getafe are yet to pick up a LL point after falling behind on the scoreboard.