Match Preview: Bayern Munich 1-2 B. Monchengladbach Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Bayern Munich – B. Monchengladbach Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 7, 2022
Football: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 18
Kick-off: 20:30 Bayern Munich – B. Monchengladbach
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Bayern Munich – B. Monchengladbach Preview
- A rampant Bayern Munich return to action after the winter break after putting together their best first-half to a Bundesliga campaign since 2015/16 (43 points), whilst also scoring a record 56 goals across 17 outings (W14, D1, L2). After winning their last five league games in a row – the last two ‘to nil’ and by at least four goal-margin – the Bavarian giants already find themselves nine points clear at the top with their tenth consecutive German title firmly in sight.
- In fact, the hosts have now won their last five home league games which has seen them build the competition’s best home record (W8, L1). Now Bayern can make history by scoring here, as that would equal their own record of 65 consecutive Bundesliga scoring games! Victory in both of their last two home league H2Hs will boost confidence that they can achieve that feat, even though a growing Covid crisis at the club threatens to derail that record.
- In contrast, out-of-sorts Borussia Mönchengladbach suffered their worst first half to a season since 2016/17 (W5, D4, L8) and despite a 1-1 last time out which offered a glimpse of improvement, their four-game losing streak prior highlights their poor overall performance this campaign. In fact, the visitors conceded 17 strikes during that four-game stint and more late misery could be felt here, as the ‘Foals’ have conceded ten goals in the last 15 minutes of play already this campaign!
- With the third-worst Bundesliga away record (W1, D2, L6) Gladbach are winless in five on the road (D2, L3), whilst their last top-flight away clean sheet came 14 games ago! Ironically though, their defence may not be their biggest problem away from home, as Gladbach have conceded under 1.5 goals in five of their nine away league games, but have netted just 0.89 goals in return.
- Players to watch: Jamal Musiala has been involved in three goals across his last four competitive games for Bayern (G2, A1). Breel Embolo secured Gladbach’s last point with his second league goal – both were first-half openers.
- Hot stat: Over the last ten years, Gladbach have earned 28 points versus Bayern – more than any other Bundesliga team.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Argentina - Panama Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Match Preview: Kazakhstan - Slovenia Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Benin - Rwanda Prediction and Betting Tips | AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS
Match Preview: Greifswald - TB Berlin Prediction and Betting Tips | REGIONALLIGA NORDOST