Match Preview: Levante 2-0 Mallorca Prediction and Betting Tips | LaLiga
Levante – Mallorca Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 8, 2022
Football: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 20
Kick-off: 14:00 Levante – Mallorca
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Levante – Mallorca Preview
- At the start of the season, you would have been forgiven for expecting to have seen league newbies Mallorca heading into 2022 winless. Yet it’s in fact hosts Levante who are propping up the table and breaking unwanted records with their 5-0 away defeat to Villarreal last time out meaning that they became only the second side in La Liga (LL) history to fail to win in any of their first 19 league matches (D8, L11).
- The division’s relegation favourites have surprisingly only lost three home LL matches this season, with draws dominating their results (D6), but given that they’ve gone unbeaten across the last six home competitive H2H clashes (W3, D3), Levante’s suffering fanbase will be hoping that this is the fixture in which they can finally go one better!
- Mallorca have won only one of their last 11 LL matches (D6, L4), and sit just four points clear of the relegation zone coming into this round. Yet the visitors should still be in a positive mood given that they have more points on the board now (20) than they did at this stage in each of their previous two ill-fated LL campaigns (17 – 2012/13, 15 – 2019/20).
- Whilst Mallorca can be satisfied so far, they certainly can’t get complacent and must be looking at this fixture as one in which they can collect more crucial points. To do so, they need to stem the flow of conceding late, costly goals on the road as 65% of their away league goals conceded have arrived after the 60th minute.
- Players to watch: Levante hopes will be on Roger Martí given that he both scored in their last home league game and during the last home H2H clash. Mallorca’s Dani Rodríguez scored his third first-half LL goal of the season in his side’s last league away trip.
- Hot stat: Mallorca are one of just two LL sides yet to score an away goal between the 46’-75’ minutes.