Venezia – AC Milan Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 9, 2022
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 21
Kick-off: 12:30 Venezia – AC Milan
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
Venezia – AC Milan Preview
- Venezia made the unnecessary trip to Salerno on Thursday, as their game wasn’t officially postponed by Serie A (SA) officials despite a major Covid outbreak in the Salernitana squad. As such, they begin this round still sat outside the SA relegation places by four points, albeit with a game in hand, although a six-game winless run in the league (D2, L4) needs to be snapped soon if the home side are to further distance themselves from the bottom three.
- That could be easier said than done, as Venezia haven’t won any of their last four home SA matches (D1, L3), conceding before the break in three. In fact, with four of their last six home league matches witnessing the opener netted within the first 15 minutes of play, a fast start could again be likely here.
- Title-chasing AC Milan beat high-flying Roma 3-1 in midweek despite being short of several key players due to a mixture of AFCON duties and Covid-19. That result kept the pressure on league leaders and fierce rivals Inter Milan whilst consecutive wins by a two-goal margin further hint that Stefano Pioli’s men have truly got over their mini December slump (D1, L2).
- Clashes between Milan and Venezia have been largely dominated by the ‘Rossoneri’ since the first edition in 1939 (W16, D7, L4). That’s a trend likely to continue again here given that Milan have won eight of their last nine (L1) SA matches against newly-promoted sides via a 2+ goal margin, including September’s reverse fixture (2-0).
- Players to watch: Venezia’s top-scorer last season Francesco Forte finally opened his account this term by netting twice across his last three competitive outings. For the visitors, Rafael Leão returned from injury with a goal last time out, whilst two of his last three SA goals for Milan have arrived beyond the 75th-minute.
- Hot stat: Venezia have averaged a league-low 2.89 corners per match this season.