Match Preview: Senegal 0-0 Guinea Prediction and Betting Tips | Africa Cup of Nations
Senegal – Guinea Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 14, 2022
Football: AFRICA: Africa Cup of Nations – Round 2
Kick-off: 14:00 Senegal – Guinea
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Senegal – Guinea Preview
- One of the pre-tournament favourites and Africa’s top-ranked nation by FIFA, Senegal, managed to scrape a 1-0 victory over Zimbabwe right at the death during their opening Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) Group B clash. The ‘Lions of Teranga’ had ample excuse for that tepid showing though, as they only had 18 players available due to illness and injuries, and they should prove a stronger force for this clash.
- If they can claim victory over Guinea, Senegal can all but seal top spot. That looks more than possible as Aliou Cissé’s men haven’t been beaten within 90 minutes across their last 12 games (W9, D3), and that’s despite failing to keep a clean sheet in over half of those matches (58%). Curiously, Senegal have also failed to keep a clean sheet in the same amount of competitive H2Hs (64%), so this game could be more back and forth than some anticipate.
- Although ranked 61 places worse than Senegal by FIFA, Guinea look like a rejuvenated side after following up three scoreless games with back-to-back wins ’to nil’. This is the sixth occasion since the start of 2018 that Guinea have recorded back-to-back victories, though they didn’t follow up with a third in any of the previous five (D3, L2).
- After their 1-0 win on matchday one, Guinea appear primed to progress from the AFCON group stages once again, having reached the knockout phase in five of their last six tournament appearances. Even with a strong start, Guinea should be wary though as they’ve failed to win three of their last five games when taking a lead (D3), while the Guinea side of ‘94 dropped a 1-0 half-time lead to lose 2-1 in the only prior AFCON group stage H2H.
- Players to watch: Sadio Mané’s winning goal for Senegal scored in 90’+7 was the latest winning goal in normal time of an AFCON game since 2012. Facing Mané will be his Liverpool teammate and Guinea star Naby Keïta – four of the central midfielder’s last six goals at club level were match openers.
- Hot stat: Four of Senegal’s last six matches produced over 1.5 first-half goals.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Georgia - Norway Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Austria - Estonia Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Kazakhstan - Denmark Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Scotland - Cyprus Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION