Match Preview: Sassuolo 2-4 Verona Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Sassuolo – Verona Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 16, 2022
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 22
Kick-off: 12:30 Sassuolo – Verona
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:4 WON!!!
Sassuolo – Verona Preview
- Having suffered just one league defeat across their last nine Serie A (SA) matches (W3, D5), there’ll be a growing belief within the Sassuolo camp that they could potentially be on course to securing their first top-six finish since 2015/16. They hit Empoli for five on the road last time out (1-5), making it an impressive 36 goals scored across their first 21 league matches of the season – that’s their best goalscoring return at this stage of any SA campaign.
- Recent H2H history indicates that Sassuolo’s free-scoring form could be set to continue. They’ve netted two or more goals in each of the previous four clashes with Verona, unsurprisingly avoiding defeat in each (W3, D1). Five of Sassuolo’s last six strikes at home against Verona came after half-time, as have 69% of their home league goals this campaign so far.
- Verona come into this clash just one point behind their opponents, although their recent form is far less impressive with three defeats across their last five SA outings (W1, D1) and with several Covid cases in the squad, things may get worse before they get better. Whilst their form is on a downward trajectory, ‘I Gialloblu‘ are at least one of the division’s more entertaining teams to watch. Just three SA sides have produced more match goals on average than Verona this season (3.43).
- When it comes to conceding goals, the visitors’ Achilles heel has undoubtedly been the latter stages of their league encounters. They’ve conceded a league-high 15 goals after the 75th minute, an amount that accounts for 43% of all their league goals conceded this season!
- Players to watch: Sassuolo’s Giacomo Raspadori is in red-hot form after registering six goal contributions across his last six SA encounters (G5, A1) – four of those six arrived after half-time. Although yet to open his account in 2022, Verona’s Giovanni Simeone has scored two goals across his last three SA away matches vs Sassuolo.
- Hot stat: Since the start of November, these sides have witnessed 12 red cards across their combined 21 competitive matches.