Match Preview: Clermont 0-2 Strasbourg Prediction and Betting Tips | Ligue 1
Clermont – Strasbourg Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 19, 2022
Football: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 19
Kick-off: 19:00 Clermont – Strasbourg
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Clermont – Strasbourg Match Preview
- After winning promotion to Ligue 1 for the first time last season, Clermont Foot enjoyed something of a new division bounce by winning their opening two matches. Optimism has steadily deteriorated since however, amid only two victories across their subsequent 18 league outings (D6, L10), while failing to score in three of the last four.
- That now puts the hosts in danger as they find themselves only one point above the relegation zone going into this gameweek, and the absence of AFCON participant Mohamed Bayo – who accounts for 45% of Clermont’s league goals this term – only makes matters worse. Still, they’ve been relatively hard to beat at home (W2, D4, L3) and don’t discount them even if they concede the opener, as they’ve lost just one of the four Ligue 1 matches here to see them concede first (D3, L1).
- Sitting just one point off a European spot ahead of this matchday, surprise package Strasbourg have picked up their highest points tally after 20 Ligue 1 matches since the 1996/97 campaign (W9, D5, L6). A good start has been a huge positive for them this season, as ‘Le Racing’ have won all seven top-flight fixtures in which they’ve scored the opener.
- After winning their last two Ligue 1 road trips, Strasbourg will now attempt to do something they haven’t done since 1977/78 – a season that saw them finish third – record three straight away wins in the top flight! History is actually with them in that regard, as they’ve won seven of their last ten Ligue 1 matches played on a Wednesday, including the last three!
- Players to watch: Clermont’s Elbasan Rashani has scored the game’s closing goal in his three goalscoring Ligue 1 games this campaign. For the visitors, Ludovic Ajorque has scored Strasbourg’s opening goal in each of their last three league road trips.
- Hot stat: Clermont are the only side yet to score after the 75th minute at home this Ligue 1 season.