Match Preview: Cagliari 1-1 Fiorentina Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Cagliari – Fiorentina Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 23, 2022
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 23
Kick-off: 12:30 Cagliari – Fiorentina
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Cagliari – Fiorentina Match Preview
- Struggling Cagliari found themselves two points adrift of safety after the last Serie A (SA) matchday, despite registering two of their three league wins this season across the last three rounds alone. Improving their home form is now a serious matter in any case, with the Sardinians gaining only ten points here so far this campaign (W2, D4, L5).
- The ‘Rossoblù’ are also yet to gain a single point from their league meetings with teams that start this round inside the top seven (L8). Goals have proven elusive for Cagliari across their last four H2Hs played against Fiorentina too (D2, L2), and they haven’t scored in a meeting since a 5-2 victory over ‘La Viola’ back in November 2019 during happier times on the island.
- Fiorentina themselves thrashed Genoa 6-0 last time out, and are marching towards their first top-five finish since 2015/16, having already scored 40 goals after 21 top-flight games. The visitors have only scored as many or more goals at this stage of a SA season just eight times before in their history, and ultimately finished in the top five each time.
- This suggests that Fiorentina could add another win to their currently-even SA record as away-day favourites (W3, D1, L3). Any victory might not come easily though, as they’ve won just once across their last seven SA road trips (W1, D1, L5), and also recorded the club’s worst away defeat in almost a year on their previous top-flight jaunt (0-4 vs Torino).
- Players to watch: Cagliari midfielder Gaston Pereiro has collected all three of his goal contributions this season across his last six appearances (G2, A1). For the visitors, defender Cristiano Biraghi has scored three goals across his last two matches, netting twice after the break.
- Hot stat: Just one of the last 16 SA H2Hs saw both teams score before half-time.