Match Preview: Barnsley 0-1 Bournemouth Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Barnsley – Bournemouth Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 29, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 29
Kick-off: 16:00 Barnsley – Bournemouth
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Barnsley – Bournemouth Match Preview
- Now winless in ten Championship matches since early November (D3, L7), bottom side Barnsley reported just 12 players fit for training on Monday, and consequently fell to a one-sided 3-0 loss in midweek. Promotion-chasing Bournemouth, who won this season’s reverse fixture by the same emphatic scoreline, now come to town.
- Barnsley have had more points at this stage in each of their previous 13 second-tier campaigns, registering at least 20 points more in four of the last eight. However, the hosts have celebrated their only two league victories this term at Oakwell Stadium, where three undefeated games in the last five league outings (W1, D2, L2) – including two draws against top-six sides – at least provides some hope.
- Four losses across the last six league matches have seen Bournemouth fall out of the top two, where they’d sat since mid-September. Yet, Scott Parker’s men have a psychological edge, with five clean sheets across the last six H2Hs (W4, D1, L1), while they’ve also conceded a league-low ten goals on the road this season (W7, D4, L3).
- Seemingly boosting their chances further, Bournemouth have kept a clean sheet in six of their seven away league matches played against sides starting this round 16th or worse. Naturally though, travelling fans want to see goals before anything else, and may get them inside the 31st-60th minute period, with Bournemouth scoring 11 of their 17 away league goals in that timeframe.
- Players to watch: Victor Adeboyejo still accounts for Barnsley’s only league goal of 2022 so far, with two of his three strikes this term arriving beyond the 75th minute. In opposition, Bournemouth’s Dominic Solanke has scored 14 of his 18 league goals before the 50th minute, including one in the reverse fixture.
- Hot stat: Three of Bournemouth’s six handicap beating away league wins attained since the start of 2021 have seen all their goals arrive in one half.