Match Preview: Derby 2-2 Birmingham Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Derby – Birmingham Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 30, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 29
Kick-off: 14:30 Derby – Birmingham
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Derby – Birmingham Match Preview
- Growing talk of a potential much-needed takeover plus manager Wayne Rooney’s ongoing commitment to the club means that things may finally be looking up for Derby County off the pitch. Although on it, their five league game undefeated streak (W4, D1) came to an end with a 2-1 defeat to Nottingham Forest last time out. That result means the ‘Rams’ are still one of just two teams yet to win a Championship match this season after conceding first (D2, L5).
- The other team? Well that’s none other than their matchday opponents Birmingham City (D3, L11), who Derby have lost their last two league H2Hs against, the same amount they lost in the 19 league H2H matches prior (W10, D7).
- Birmingham won this season’s first encounter 2-0 in September and will now be gunning for a first league double over Derby since the 2006/07 season. While coming back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Peterborough in the last round was impressive, Birmingham’s one win in eight Championship fixtures (D3, L4) means they’ve won the same amount of games as their hosts this campaign (eight), but enjoy a 18-point lead due to Derby’s 21-point deduction.
- On the road, the ‘Blues’ haven’t performed quite as well, with only 13 of their 32 points having been won on their travels. Birmingham have been particularly vulnerable early when playing away from home, with no Championship side conceding more goals in the opening 15 minutes of an away game (five – tied with QPR and Peterborough).
- Players to watch: Derby captain Tom Lawrence has really enjoyed the comforts of Pride Park this season, given seven of his eight league goals have come at home. Meanwhile, Birmingham’s Scott Hogan has seen seven of his ten goal contributions (G9, A1) arrive after half-time this campaign.
- Hot stat: Across Birmingham’s last nine Championship matches, there’s been ten goals scored on or after the 75th minute.