Match Preview: Uruguay 4-1 Venezuela Prediction and Betting Tips | World Cup – Qualification
Uruguay – Venezuela Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 2, 2022
Football: SOUTH AMERICA: World Cup – Qualification – Round 16
Kick-off: 00:00 Uruguay – Venezuela
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 4:1 WON!!!
Uruguay – Venezuela Match Preview
- A Luis Suárez inspired 1-0 win over Paraguay last time out helped Uruguay snap their previous four-match losing streak in CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) and moved ‘La Celeste’ into the all-important inter-confederation playoffs spot. With tough matches coming up against Peru and Chile during the next international break, Uruguay will know only a win will do in this clash against bottom-side Venezuela, a nation they’ve lost to just once across 11 previous competitive internationals (W3, D7).
- However the last two meetings between these nations both ended 0-0, and given Uruguay’s poor scoring record during this WCQ cycle – they’ve registered the third-lowest goal tally with 15 – another blank could be on the cards for Diego Alonso’s side. Uruguay have actually failed to score in seven of their 15 WCQ matches this edition, but should be motivated to hit the net here as defeat in their previous WCQ home outing means they’re now on the verge of losing successive WCQ home games for the first time since May 2004!
- Despite a stunning 4-1 success over Bolivia last time out, Venezuela have already been eliminated from automatic qualification contention, and even if they secure just their second-ever WCQ win in Uruguay (W1, D2, L6) they’ll need a miracle to grab fifth spot.
- Venezuela’s wait for a first-ever WC finals appearance therefore looks set to continue, and with only one clean sheet across 15 WCQ matches this edition, and just one win ‘to nil’ across their previous 21, an away upset appears unlikely thanks to a defence that’s conceded more goals on average per game (1.73) this WCQ cycle than all CONMEBOL sides bar one.
- Players to watch: Suárez equalled Lionel Messi’s goalscoring record in CONMEBOL WCQ last time out with his 27th such strike, albeit just one has come vs Venezuela. Salomón Rondón’s hat-trick vs Bolivia means Venezuela have won the last eight internationals he’s scored in.
- Hot stat: During WCQ, both nations have conceded the most goals between the 31st-45th minute – Uruguay (seven) and Venezuela (six).
Match Preview: Mexico - Nigeria Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Match Preview: Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Match Preview: Albirex Niigata 8-2 Geylang Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Tirol 1-2 Rapid Vienna Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA