Match Preview: Cameroon 0-0 Egypt Prediction and Betting Tips | AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS
Cameroon – Egypt Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 3, 2022
Football: AFRICA: AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS – PLAY OFFS – SEMI-FINALS
Kick-off: 20:00 Cameroon – Egypt
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Cameroon – Egypt Match Preview
- It’s a clash of two titans in the second Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) semi-final as five-time champions Cameroon, who’ve reached this stage for the ninth time, meet Egypt – the only team to have won this competition more often than them (seven times). Cameroon – the tournament hosts – are now unbeaten in nine matches (W8, D1) and are bidding to make more history having won each of their last eight AFCON semi-final outings without conceding!
- Adding to the sense of occasion, these two giants of African football haven’t met since the 2017 AFCON final, a game in which Cameroon won 2-1 to end a prior seven-match winless H2H sequence (D2, L5). With the ‘Indomitable Lions’ scoring six of their last nine goals after half-time, if they’re behind at the break – as they were five years ago – they won’t be overly worried.
- Also used to going the distance, Egypt won on penalties in their round of 16 victory against Ivory Coast then needed extra-time to see off Morocco 2-1 in the quarter-final. They qualified for the knockouts despite scoring just twice in the group stage (W2, L1) so although the ‘Pharaohs’ haven’t found top gear just yet, they’ve used all of their experience and guile to stay in the tournament.
- That suggests that this repeat of the 2008 and 2017 AFCON finals will be another tight battle and notably, these two sides’ respective semi-finals in 2017 both produced exactly two goals, with all four strikes coming after the 70th minute. Egypt have also won each of their last six AFCON semi-finals so shouldn’t be overawed by the occasion.
- Players to watch: Cameroon’s Vincent Aboubakar has scored six goals in this tournament, five of them between the 35th and 55th minute. Egypt’s dreams of an eighth title could rest on Mohamed Salah, who scored and assisted against Morocco, bringing his tournament goal contribution tally to three (G2, A1).
- Hot stat: Egypt have scored just one first-half goal across their last seven internationals (HT: W1, D4, L2).
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Almeria - Rayo Vallecano Prediction and Betting Tips | LALIGA
Match Preview: Hoffenheim - Werder Bremen Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Crvena Zvezda - Ferencvaros Prediction and Betting Tips | EUROPA LEAGUE
Match Preview: RB Leipzig - Celtic Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE