Match Preview: Hertha Berlin 1-1 Bochum Prediction and Betting Tips | GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA
Hertha Berlin – Bochum Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 4, 2022
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 21
Kick-off: 20:30 Hertha Berlin – Bochum
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Hertha Berlin – Bochum Match Preview
- A 4-1 defeat to Bayern Munich last time out continued Hertha Berlin’s disappointing winless start to 2022 (D1, L3). They now sit in 13th place and just three points above the drop zone, but no one in Berlin will be scratching their heads about why Hertha’s top-flight status is starting to look in jeopardy, as only in 1963/64 have the capital club conceded more goals at this stage than their current tally of 42 against.
- With just 16 of those conceded at home, Hertha have been a little better on their own turf this Bundesliga campaign (W4, D2, L4), although with all four losses coming against opponents sitting above them on the day, there may be some concern as 11th-placed Bochum come to town. Even more so as Hertha have lost three straight games at the Olympiastadion, all of which saw them trail at half-time.
- Bochum have a two-point cushion over Hertha but will travel east winless in two Bundesliga games (D1, L1). Despite that, there’s no doubt the newly-promoted side have fared well in the top flight so far (W7, D3, L10), especially considering their promoted counterparts Greuther Fürth prop up the table. Although Bochum do have the Bundesliga’s third-worst attack after scoring just 0.95 goals per game on average.
- Improving on that average may be difficult even against a leaky Hertha defence, as just 25% of Bochum’s points have been won away from home (W2, L8), with six of those eight defeats coming ‘to nil’. The H2H record doesn’t foster much optimism either, with Bochum last winning a league meeting at the Olympiastadion back in 1995 (D5, L7 since), and last scoring here six games ago!
- Players to watch: Marco Richter scored two second-half goals in Hertha’s last home win, and has netted the opener in three of his four scoring league games. Meanwhile, Gerrit Holtmann scored his third Bundesliga goal for Bochum in the last round – all three were netted during the first half.
- Hot streak: Hertha have won five consecutive league H2Hs, four by a 2-0 scoreline.