Match Preview: Atalanta 1-2 Cagliari Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Atalanta – Cagliari Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 6, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 24
Kick-off: 12:30 Atalanta – Cagliari
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Atalanta – Cagliari Match Preview
- Champions League hopefuls Atalanta have highlighted some extreme unpredictability across their last five Serie A (SA) games which have featured three goalless draws, a 4-1 defeat and a 6-2 victory! Nevertheless, they’re three points better off than they were after 22 games played last term and are on course to qualify for Europe, with the recent international break giving them a chance to recover multiple absentees through illness and injury.
- Interestingly though, that strong league showing has come despite them claiming just 30% of their SA points at home, so they’ll be taking nothing for granted against a Cagliari side sitting in the relegation zone. Still, Atalanta have shown improvement in Bergamo recently by only losing one of their last six league games at the Gewiss Stadium (W2, D3).
- Cagliari displayed signs of the fight they’ll need if they’re to avoid relegation by winning their first two league games of 2022, only to falter more recently (D1, L1) – albeit against sides chasing European qualification. That increased competitiveness should give them a confidence boost as they head to another top-half outfit.
- However, the ‘Islanders’ have lost the last five H2Hs and haven’t won at Atalanta since November 2019, conceding 3+ goals on their two subsequent visits. Given they haven’t scored before half-time in any of their previous five league away fixtures (HT: D1, L4), a fast start would be a welcome surprise as they’re yet to net the opener in a SA away game this season.
- Players to watch: Joakim Mæhle has netted after the 85th minute in two of Atalanta’s last four fixtures and although Cagliari’s Leonardo Pavaletti doesn’t tend to leave it that late, as all four of his SA goals this term came between the 50th and 75th minute.
- Hot stat: Cagliari are the only team yet to lead a SA away fixture at half-time this term (HT: D3, L8).