Match Preview: Salernitana 2-2 Spezia Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Salernitana – Spezia Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 7, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 24
Kick-off: 20:45 Salernitana – Spezia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Salernitana – Spezia Match Preview
- With ten points on the board, Salernitana only have more points after 22 games than 12 other sides in Serie A (SA) history, and are staring down the barrel of an immediate return to Serie B. Their blunt strikeforce, which has failed to score in a league-high 13 games (59%), is partly to blame, but a five-game scoring run in H2Hs vs Spezia may bring some hope to SA’s bottom side.
- Despite the doom and gloom, fans will be relieved that they actually have a SA club to support after Salernitana were recently saved from an early relegation after being bought by a new owner. Some fans may argue a new defence is needed too as Salernitana have conceded more goals than any other side in SA (53), though they’ll hope the recent signing of Argentinian attacking threat and Roma veteran Diego Perotti may offset that loose defending with some goals of his own.
- Spezia found themselves eight points clear of the drop zone ahead of the weekend action, largely thanks to picking up more points than all but reigning champions Inter Milan across the last five rounds. After beating Salernitana 2-1 in the reverse fixture, another victory would make history as this would be the first-ever opponent that Spezia have won their first two SA clashes against!
- Igniting belief that history is about to be made is Spezia’s current club-record run of three SA away wins, which includes the impressive scalps of Napoli and AC Milan. On paper this match should be easier and Spezia will start as favourites, a role they’ve fulfilled four times this SA campaign and remain unbeaten on each occasion (W2, D2).
- Players to watch: Salernitana new boy Perotti may have to wait for his chance as just one of his last 13 career goals were match openers. Spezia’s Daniele Verde is rarely far from the action, with two yellow cards, two assists and a goal across his last four appearances.
- Hot streak: Salernitana’s last four home games saw them lose ‘to nil’ after trailing at half-time.