Match Preview: Newcastle 3-1 Everton Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Newcastle – Everton Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 8, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 24
Kick-off: 20:45 Newcastle – Everton
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 LOST
Newcastle – Everton Match Preview
- The Premier League (PL) relegation battle is heating up and with two of the three sides in the drop zone drawing last week, either 19th-placed Newcastle or 16th-placed Everton could profit if they can grab victory here. Just four points separate these sides, but Newcastle will be hoping that the over £90 million they spent in the January transfer window will not only aid their push for victory on Tyneside, but will ultimately secure their 91st season in England’s top flight too.
- Newcastle may be quietly confident about pulling off a ‘great escape’ after recently going unbeaten in three straight PL games (W1, D2) for the first time this season. Another victory would solidify that swing in form as the ‘Magpies’ haven’t won back-to-back PL outings since May 2021, which is little surprise considering they have spent just three of 23 rounds this season outside of the bottom three.
- After a dramatic January of comings and goings, including deadline day signings Dele Alli and Donny van de Beek, Everton will now hope new manager Frank Lampard can guide them away from the drop zone after he started his reign with a 4-1 FA Cup win over Brentford, in what was Everton’s only game from the last 16 where they led at both half-time and full-time.
- That cup win is the sort of confidence-boosting result that could help Everton pick up only their second away win of the PL campaign (W1, D3, L6). However the ‘Toffees’ will still travel here with a defence that’s conceded in ten straight competitive away games, although they have scored themselves in their previous ten trips to Tyneside (W6, L4).
- Players to watch: Chris Wood awaits his first goal in Newcastle colours, but he’s already scored a PL home goal against Everton for two other clubs (Leicester & Burnley). For Everton, Richarlison scored his third second-half goal in five appearances last time out.
- Hot stat: Of all days of the week, Everton have both their highest win rate (43%) and points per game average (1.6) in PL games played on a Tuesday (W19, D14, L11).