Match Preview: Manchester City 2-0 Brentford Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Manchester City – Brentford Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 9, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 24
Kick-off: 20:45 Manchester City – Brentford
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 LOST
Manchester City – Brentford Match Preview
- Runaway Premier League (PL) leaders Manchester City showed they may not be as indestructible as many people think after their 12-game top-flight winning streak was spoiled by a 1-1 draw at Southampton in the last round. Despite that result, manager Pep Guardiola has his side firing on all cylinders this campaign, as seen with a dominant 4-1 win over Fulham in the FA Cup over the weekend, and the fact City possess the second-best goal difference (+41) of any side across Europe’s top-five leagues.
- They’ll look to extend that goal difference in this clash vs Brentford, and make it ten wins in a row at the Etihad across all competitions, a streak during which they averaged 3.33 goals per game. More success is expected here as Guardiola’s side also hold a phenomenal record when playing on Wednesdays, winning each of their last 17 PL matches played on that day whilst recording 11 clean sheets in the process.
- Brentford travel to City for the first time since losing 4-1 at Maine Road back in October 1989, but they did put up a stubborn performance in their 1-0 defeat in the reverse fixture this season. While that H2H performance was admirable, Brentford are currently riding a four-game PL losing streak that saw them outscored 12-3 on aggregate, a streak that’s seen Thomas Frank’s side slide closer to the relegation battle. Although Frank will hope that marquee signing Christian Eriksen and his footballing comeback could provide the spark to turn around their fortunes.
- It’s the Bees’ defence rather than their midfield that clearly needs improving though, as their weekend 4-1 FA Cup loss to Everton was their 13th consecutive game in which they’ve failed to keep a clean sheet.
- Players to watch: City’s star youngster Phil Foden scored the decisive goal in the reverse fixture, contributing to six of his seven club goals this campaign arriving before half-time. Meanwhile, Ivan Toney has seen seven of his eight domestic goals this season serve as Brentford’s opener.
- Hot stat: No PL team has opened the scoring on more occasions than City’s 17 this season (W17).