Match Preview: Liverpool 2-0 Leicester Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Liverpool – Leicester Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 10, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 24
Kick-off: 20:45 Liverpool – Leicester
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 LOST
Liverpool – Leicester Match Preview
- After a comfortable 3-1 FA Cup win over Cardiff last time out, Liverpool’s uphill battle to catch league-leaders Manchester City continues, having previously recorded back-to-back Premier League (PL) wins. Despite going undefeated during the absence of Sadio Mané and Mohamed Salah (W5, D1), manager Jürgen Klopp excited fans by saying that he expects his AFCON finalists to return for this matchup with Leicester City.
- As intimidating as ever at Anfield, Liverpool currently defend the only remaining undefeated PL home record this season (W7, D3), amid six clean sheets and six wins by a 2+ goal margin. The ‘Reds’ haven’t always had it their own way in Thursday fixtures though, winning less than half of the 15 PL matches they’ve played on this day (W6, D3, L6).
- FA Cup holders Leicester were embarrassingly dumped out of the competition over the weekend, losing 4-1 to Championship side Nottingham Forest which heaped more pressure on manager Brendan Rodgers. Inconsistency has plagued the mid-table ‘Foxes’ this season, with each of their last 11 league fixtures producing a different result than the match prior although that run does include a 1-0 win against Liverpool in the reverse fixture.
- As a result, Leicester have now won the two most recent PL H2H encounters, after failing to win any of the seven prior (D1, L6), and should former Liverpool boss Rodgers cause another upset here, he will become only the second manager to record a league double over Liverpool after leaving the club. That will be easier said than done after a run of four winless PL away games (D2, L2), although they could make it hard for Liverpool as they’ve scored in every PL road trip this season.
- Players to watch: Liverpool’s Diogo Jota has scored six career goals vs Leicester when playing at home across all competitions, while five of James Maddison’s six PL goals for Leicester have arrived after half-time.
- Hot stat: Liverpool have been losing at half-time only twice in their 35 games this season (HT: W18, D15).