Match Preview: Atletico Madrid 0-1 Levante Prediction and Betting Tips | LALIGA
Atletico Madrid – Levante Prediction and Tips for today, February 16, 2022
Football: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 21
Kick-off: 19:00 Atletico Madrid – Levante
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 WON!!!
Atletico Madrid – Levante Match Preview
- Amidst suggestions of dressing room unrest, the chaos at Atlético Madrid spilled out onto the Wanda Metropolitano in the form of seven goals and eight cards as they just managed to come out on top in a blockbuster 4-3 La Liga (LL) win at home to Getafe last time out. A stunning 22 goals have been scored across Atlético’s last four LL matches – with Diego Simeone’s side responsible for half of them – and the bedlam looks set to continue when the leaky defence of Levante visits this week.
- Long gone are the days when Atlético matches were low scoring affairs, as the average of 3.26 total goals seen in their games this LL season is well up from the 2.24 average seen across their two previous LL campaigns. Heavy scoring and three consecutive home victories have kept Atlético in touch with the top four, but Simeone must be increasingly anxious to add to the solitary clean sheet kept by his team in their last ten LL outings.
- The form of Basement boys Levante suggests they’re going to unwillingly grant their hosts a wealth of scoring opportunities after yet another hefty defeat, this time at home to third-placed Real Betis (L2-4). To further illustrate just how dire the situation is for new manager Alessio Lisci, no LL club has survived this century with fewer than 35 points – a long way from the 11 his club currently hold.
- The rock bottom visitors have conceded a staggering 22 goals from their six LL defeats during Lisci’s brief tenure, spread evenly across both halves. Just last season, however, they proved that anything is possible when snapping a 12-game LL run without a clean sheet by defeating Atlético 2-0 away.
- Players to watch: Atletico’s Ángel Correa has scored in each of their last three home LL victories, whilst Levante’s Enis Bardhi has found the back of the net in two of his last three H2Hs (W1, D2).
- Hot stat: Four of Atlético’s last six matches in all competitions have featured a red card.