Match Preview: Mainz 3-2 Bayer Leverkusen Prediction and Betting Tips | GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA
Mainz – Bayer Leverkusen Prediction and Tips for today, February 18, 2022
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 23
Kick-off: 20:30 Mainz – Bayer Leverkusen
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:2 LOST
Mainz – Bayer Leverkusen Match Preview
- Mainz drew 1-1 away to Freiburg last time out to continue their solid season (W9, D4, L9) which sees them sit inside the Bundesliga’s top ten after 22 league matches for the first time since 2015/2016, a campaign that saw Mainz qualify for the Europa League. With European qualification in some form still a real possibility this season, Mainz will be heavily reliant on their league-best defence, which has conceded just 24 goals, as they take on this free-scoring Bayer Leverkusen side.
- At the Mewa Arena this campaign, Mainz have conceded just five times, another league-best tally which has helped them to go unbeaten across their last seven home outings (W5, D2). Another victory in this clash would also make it five consecutive home league wins for the first time since 2009, a run that’s formed thanks to a club record streak of four clean sheets at home in Bundesliga action.
- Their resolve will be greatly tested this time around by third-placed Leverkusen though, who hold the best Bundesliga record so far in 2022 (W4, D1), and will enter this match after winning four successive league games. Gerardo Seoane’s side also have plenty of pedigree on the road, now holding the league’s second-best away record after winning their last such match 5-2 vs Borussia Dortmund (W6, D3, L2).
- That victory made it ten Leverkusen league outings in a row in which both teams have scored and there’s been over 2.5 total match goals. Given that, and the fact that ‘Die Werkself’ have also netted in every away league game this term, action could be aplenty in this matchup.
- Players to watch: Mainz have lost just three of the 24 Bundesliga games in which Dominik Kohr has started since he joined the club, losing five of eight without. Meanwhile, Patrick Schick took his tally to 19 Bundesliga goals last time out, a feat no Leverkusen player has ever achieved after 22 matchdays.
- Hot stat: Mainz have lost seven of the last eight Bundesliga H2Hs, failing to score in six (D1, L7). Those eight H2Hs also represent their longest winless record against any current Bundesliga side.
Match Preview: Mexico - Nigeria Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Match Preview: Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Match Preview: Albirex Niigata 8-2 Geylang Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Tirol 1-2 Rapid Vienna Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA