Fiorentina – Atalanta Prediction and Tips for today, February 20, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 26
Kick-off: 12:30 Fiorentina – Atalanta
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Fiorentina – Atalanta Match Preview
- Fiorentina kept their hopes of bringing European action to the Stadio Artemio Franchi alive by defeating Spezia 2-1 last time around in Serie A (SA), despite a botched spot kick making it three SA penalty misses in a row for the first time since 2015. A happier accolade is possible here though, as the ‘Viola’ could also record a first league double over Atalanta since 2015/16, after winning the reverse fixture 2-1.
- As a result of those escapades inside the box, there has now been a penalty in 42% (ten) of Fiorentina’s SA matches this season. Remarkably, all three of the goals in the reverse H2H also arrived via a 12-yard stare, while the latest Coppa Italia quarter-final H2H – a 3-2 win for Fiorentina earlier this month – saw a penalty scored and missed!
- Atalanta have their own chance to make history, as a revenge victory here would see them rack up a chain of three straight top-flight wins at Fiorentina. The Bergamo outfit have never managed that feat in the 84-year history of this fixture, but they travel to Florence after just one success across their last seven league matches (W1, D4, L2), a set of results that’s damaged their Champions League spot hopes.
- ‘La Dea’ still remain late bloomers, with their tally of ten league goals scored beyond the 80th minute standing as one of the best this campaign. Atalanta also have the distinction of being the only side across all of the top-five European leagues that are unbeaten in away matches (W9, D3) this season.
- Players to watch: Fiorentina’s Krzysztof Piątek has scored five goals in his previous four matches against Atalanta, including a brace in the recent cup fixture. Mario Pašalić will look to counter him early by giving Atalanta a 1-0 lead – something he’s done in three of his last four goalscoring SA matches.
- Hot streak: None of Fiorentina’s last 16 SA home games won or drawn have seen an open-play goal before the 15th minute.