Cagliari – Napoli Prediction and Tips for today, February 21, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 2
Kick-off: 19:00 Cagliari – Napoli
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Cagliari – Napoli Match Preview
- An impressive return of just one Serie A (SA) defeat in 2022 (W3, D2) has seen Cagliari move towards mathematical safety, but the Sardinian outfit’s poor start to this season – which saw them register only one win during the first half of the campaign (W1, D7, L11) – means there is still a lot of work ahead for Walter Mazzarri’s side.
- History is against them here too, as Cagliari have failed to score in 12 of their last 23 SA matches against Napoli on their way to winning just once (W1, D6, L16)! Another failure up front could be possible as eight of Cagliari’s last ten SA defeats came ’to nil’, although they’ve at least found the net in nine of their last ten competitive home outings.
- Fresh off a stout performance in the Europa League at Barcelona (1-1), where they only conceded via a penalty, Napoli remain hopeful of a first Italian crown since 1990. A strong away league record (W8, D3, L1) – with the last four of those wins coming ’to nil’ – gives them ample reason to believe they will keep up their title challenge to the very end.
- Napoli have also won each of their last six away league matches against Cagliari, with that streak seeing the ‘Partenopei’ consistently win the second half – as they did during the reverse H2H back in September. Another success would make history here, as the ‘Partenopei’ have never previously beaten a specific SA team seven times in a row away from home.
- Players to watch: Cagliari’s Leonardo Pavoletti has scored three goals across his previous four SA matches, with each of those strikes arriving beyond the 70th minute. As for the visitors, Piotr Zielinski has registered three assists across Napoli’s last five SA away matches, and boasts three goal contributions across his last three H2Hs (G2, A1).
- Hot stat: Napoli have kept a first-half clean sheet in their last 12 top-flight H2Hs against Cagliari.