Bristol City – Coventry Prediction and Tips for today, February 22, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 34
Kick-off: 20:45 Bristol City – Coventry
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Bristol City – Coventry Match Preview
- Bristol City performed a ‘smash-and-grab’ performance over the weekend to claim a 2-1 victory over playoff chasing Middlesbrough at Ashton Gate. That result pushed the ‘Robins’ closer to the top six and even though finishing in a playoff place this campaign still seems a long shot, it’s now four home wins in a row for Bristol City under the tutelage of manager Nigel Pearson.
- All four of those home victories witnessed both teams score and saw Bristol City net in both halves, so entertainment could be on the menu again here against Coventry City, especially as the last ten H2Hs have averaged 3.5 total goals per match. That average was aided by the reverse fixture, a 3-2 win for Coventry, but Bristol City can take inspiration from their fantastic recent home league H2H record (W15, D10, L5) as they look to avenge that loss.
- Visiting Coventry struck in the 93rd minute to snatch all three points from bottom-club Barnsley, a priceless 1-0 win which helps keep the ‘Sky Blues’ in contention for a playoff finish this season. That made it two Championship wins out of three for Mark Robins’ side, though their tally of four wins from 14 previous league outings still needs improvement (D5, L5).
- That’s particularly true on the road as Coventry have taken just 17 (36%) of their overall points tally away from home this season (W4, D5, L6). Their last trip even saw them routinely beaten 2-0 by Cardiff City, whilst their record of no clean sheet from their prior six away Championship outings could prove a stumbling block again here.
- Players to watch: Bristol City’s Andreas Weimann has 16 Championship strikes this campaign, with five coming across his last four home league outings. Attacking midfielder Callum O’Hare remains a highly sought after talent following more January transfer window interest, despite only netting one league goal this season. Although that strike was a second-half goal in the reverse victory.
- Hot stat: Bristol City boss Nigel Pearson is undefeated in four previous home league H2Hs with Coventry (W1, D3).