Burnley – Tottenham Prediction and Tips for today, February 23, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 13
Kick-off: 20:30 Burnley – Tottenham
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Burnley – Tottenham Match Preview
- A second Premier League (PL) victory of the season (3-0 vs Brighton) lifted Burnley off the foot of the Premier League table in style, although a five-point gap to safety still remains. As manager Sean Dyche himself says “the first one doesn’t guarantee the next one” and there are certainly no guarantees of securing back-to-back PL wins for the first time since January 2021 here given Dyche’s prior dismal managerial record against Tottenham Hotspur (W1, D4, L11).
- Yet there’s still hope for Burnley, with this game serving as one of the games in hand they possess over some of their relegation rivals. Having won just one of their last 20 PL home games (D11, L8) and only one of their last six PL games played on a Wednesday (D3, L2), there’s certainly no guarantee Burnley will take another step towards survival here.
- Spurs manager Antonio Conte cited the “perfect performance” after edging one of the games of the PL season away to Manchester City at the weekend (3-2). A stoppage time winner secured victory, and their new-found never-say-die attitude under Conte is embodied by the fact that each of Spurs’ last three PL game winning goals have come in stoppage time!
- Victory would inch Spurs to within six points of fourth spot with games in hand, but three points is by no means assured given their leaky nature on the road. They’ve conceded 2+ goals in their last three PL away games (W2, L1), although given Tottenham have seen their last seven H2H wins come ‘to nil’, one goal may be enough this time around.
- Players to watch: Wout Weghorst opened his Burnley account against Brighton and the master-predator has seen his last 83 league goals all come from inside the box. Meanwhile, Harry Kane has registered ten goal involvements (G7, A3) in his last six personal meetings with Burnley.
- Hot stat: Tottenham have only failed to score in one of their 14 PL meetings with Burnley (W9, D3, L2).