AC Milan – Udinese Prediction and Tips for today, February 25, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 27
Kick-off: 18:45 AC Milan – Udinese
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
AC Milan – Udinese Match Preview
- Chasing their first top-flight title since 2010/11, AC Milan get matchday 27 of Serie A (SA) underway on Friday night, trying to extend their two-point lead at the top against a Udinese side battling at the other end of the table. Unbeaten in four league matches (W2, D2), Milan will have been disappointed to draw 2-2 with bottom side Salernitana last time out but that should keep them grounded as they take on another bottom-half outfit.
- Their patchy five-game home league form (W2, D1, L2) will be a cause for concern, especially as they only once scored 2+ goals in that run. Their defence will have to be sharp then considering Udinese have scored on each of their last six visits to the ‘Rossoneri’, although on the positive side, Milan have lost just once in the last 14 league matches at the San Siro versus the side from Udine.
- Sitting three points and two places above the bottom three with games in hand, Udinese have shown improvement recently (W1, D2, L1), notably striking twice in injury-time to beat Torino 2-0 (Feb 6). Those fighting qualities were also apparent during their 1-1 draw with Lazio on Sunday, encouraging fans to believe they’ve got what it takes to avoid relegation.
- Just two league away wins all season (D4, L6) suggests they’ll struggle here though, and they were beaten 2-0 by Inter on their last visit to the San Siro. Udinese have also failed to score in each of their last three league away matches (D1, L2), going behind inside the opening 20 minutes in two of those, although drawing this fixture last term should offer some encouragement.
- Players to watch: Rafael Leão struck in three of Milan’s last four home league fixtures, completing his side’s scoring on each occasion, while Udinese’s Gerard Deulofeu netted the opener in three of his last four league goalscoring outings.
- Hot stat: Udinese are the only SA team yet to finish a league away game this term having scored exactly twice.