Leeds – Tottenham Prediction and Tips for today, February 26, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 27
Kick-off: 13:30 Leeds – Tottenham
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:4 LOST
Leeds – Tottenham Match Preview
- After a chastising 6-0 defeat to Liverpool in midweek, the sirens are sounding as Leeds United appear to be deeply embroiled in a relegation battle. Leeds’ position is tenuous ahead of this matchday as they now sit just a few points above the drop-zone, having played more games than some of the chasing sides below. In particular, they need to fix their leaking backline urgently, now allowing a league-high 56 goals, including 13 across the last three games!
- Whether talismanic manager Marcelo Bielsa can change Leeds’ fortunes for the better remains to be seen, but a return of one clean sheet across their last eight home league games suggests that Bielsa’s ‘gung ho’ tactics may not be working out. It’s hard to see them shutting Tottenham Hotspur out in this clash either, as Leeds have lost six of the last eight PL H2Hs (W1, D1).
- A 1-0 defeat to Burnley last time out meant that Spurs boss Antonio Conte has lost as many PL games across his last five (W1, L4) as he did in the 21 PL games prior across his spells at Chelsea and now Tottenham, putting their top-four challenge in doubt. Conte was understandably deflated following the result, though his comments shocked many as he has questioned his ability to improve the situation.
- Those comments came just a week after calling this team one of the best groups of players he’s worked with which was followed by an impressive last-gasp 3-2 victory away to Manchester City. Conte’s superb 76% win-rate in PL games played on Saturday (W28, D3, L6), the highest win rate of any manager with 10+ Saturday games managed, should provide an additional confidence boost.
- Players to watch: Six of Raphinha’s nine Leeds goals this season came in home games, including as many match openers. Looking to eclipse the all-time PL scoring record is Harry Kane, who could edge towards Alan Shearer’s record of netting 16 away PL goals in Yorkshire with an 11th strike of his own here.
- Hot stat: Tottenham have won just half of their away league games as pre-match favourites this term (W4, D2, L2).