Match Preview: Torino 1-2 Cagliari Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Torino – Cagliari Prediction and Tips for today, February 27, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 27
Kick-off: 12:30 Torino – Cagliari
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Torino – Cagliari Match Preview
- Facing none of the relegation worries that have dogged them in recent years, Torino will play with confidence after a 1-1 comeback draw against decorated rivals Juventus. Though that extended their winless run to four matches, Torino could stop their victory drought here, after winning half of their Serie A (SA) matches entered as favourites (W7, D4, L3).
- If ‘Il Toro’ are to build on that decent record as the sportsbooks’ pick, they shouldn’t waste time getting going, having netted inside the opening half-hour in each of their last nine SA home games (W6, D2, L1). Unsurprisingly, they led at half-time in all six of those victories, though this is something they last managed in a H2H home win back November 2016.
- Cagliari showed their intent to escape the relegation dogfight back on Monday evening, coming within minutes of a famous win over title contenders Napoli (1-1). A similar display could well see the Sardinians extend their current unbeaten run at Torino (W1, D2) and improve on a 50% win-rate from their SA road trips made in 2022 (W2, D1, L1).
- Disappointing though Napoli’s late leveller was for Cagliari, they too can neutralise deficits when travelling, with equalisers either way seen in their last eight away league matches to witness both teams scoring. Snatching a point at least isn’t an issue, as five of Cagliari’s last six score draws on hostile turf have seen them net the final goal.
- Players to watch: Antonio Sanabria has netted in three of Torino’s last four SA home games won or drawn, but Leonardo Pavoletti will be eager to cancel out any of his efforts, having snatched a point in Cagliari’s most recent road trip (84’). In turn, each of his last three away goals have come beyond the hour mark.
- Hot stat: Torino have conceded SA’s highest number of opening goals beyond the 75th minute (three).
Match Preview: Mexico - Nigeria Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Match Preview: Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Match Preview: Albirex Niigata 8-2 Geylang Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Tirol 1-2 Rapid Vienna Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA