Burnley – Leicester Prediction and Tips for today, Match 1, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 22
Kick-off: 20:45 Burnley – Leicester
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Burnley – Leicester Match Preview
- Seven points from their last three Premier League (PL) games – including a 1-1 draw against Crystal Palace last time out – has catapulted Burnley firmly back into the race for survival. With this fixture serving as the only midweek PL offering, the incentive is there for Sean Dyche’s side, who know that avoiding defeat against Leicester City would see the ‘Clarets’ finally clamber out of the bottom three.
- The prospects of Burnley heads bobbing above water after this outing appear strong, considering that only Liverpool have left Turf Moor victorious across their last eight PL home games (W2, D5). This fixture may not be as cut and dry though, with an interesting H2H trend seeing the side that scores first fail to win any of the last five H2Hs (Burnley: W1, D2, L2), a fate Burnley have also fallen to in 50% of the PL home games in which they scored first this campaign (W2, D1, L1).
- This could be the game in which that trend changes though, especially if Leicester concede first, as they’ve lost five of their seven such PL away games (D2). Pressure continues to build on boss Brendan Rodgers, whose Leicester side are still winless in the PL in 2022 (D2, L3), although they’ve at least sought comfort in the UEFA Europa Conference League (UECL), after knocking out Randers last week.
- That UECL victory in Denmark arrested a run of seven successive away defeats for the ‘Foxes’, but their PL away games have at least been a source of entertainment for the neutral. With a PL high 93% witnessing both teams score, their last five PL away wins have all ended 2-1 with the opening goal coming inside 20 minutes.
- Players to watch: Burnley’s Josh Brownhill is never far from the action as his last six appearances have seen him grab a goal, an assist and four yellow cards. Meanwhile, Leicester’s Youri Tielemans enjoys facing Burnley, registering three goal involvements (G1, A2) in six personal PL H2Hs.
- Hot stat: Leicester are the only PL side without an away clean sheet this season.