Fiorentina – Juventus Prediction and Tips for today, Match 2, 2022
Football: ITALY: COPPA ITALIA – SEMI-FINALS
Kick-off: 21:00 Fiorentina – Juventus
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Fiorentina – Juventus Match Preview
- A 2-1 defeat to Sassuolo in Serie A (SA) was a poor warm-up for Fiorentina ahead of their Coppa Italia semi-final clash with Juventus in this inaugural ‘Derby della Vlahović’. Fiorentina have been handed home advantage for the first leg, and extending their solid home form of late (W8, D1, L1) could be crucial in securing only a second Coppa Italia final appearance in the last 20 years!
- Fiorentina’s return of just six clean sheets from 14 home games this term indicates some underlying defensive fragilities though, and having shut Juventus out just once in the last seven home H2Hs, Viola old boy now-turned Juventus forward Dušan Vlahović, may be about to punish his former club.
- Vlahović himself netted a brace in Juventus’ 3-2 victory at Empoli in SA at the weekend, and while Juventus may not be worried about a quickfire second away game in succession, they may be concerned about the hostile atmosphere which awaits them. A fierce rivalry has formed between these sides in the past, in part due to Roberto Baggio’s switch from Fiorentina to Juve in 1990, but with Juventus unbeaten in five of their last six visits to the Artemio Franchi Stadium (W3, D2), any hostilities due to Vlahović’s switch may be easy for the visitors to overcome.
- The ‘Old Lady’ know that replicating their last two Coppa Italia away results (both 2-1 victories) would ease the pressure ahead of the reverse fixture in Turin. The 14-time winners and current holders have only missed out on the final once in the last seven seasons, and knocked Fiorentina out at this exact stage in 2014/15 by famously winning 3-0 in Florence.
- Players to watch: Krzysztof Piątek helped Fiorentina reach the semi-finals with two goals in the last round, and he has opened the scoring in his last three goalscoring appearances. Paulo Dybala could be a foil to his efforts, with a 100% win record from nine goalscoring Coppa Italia games, alongside four of his five away goals this season coming before the break.
- Hot stat: Thirteen of Fiorentina’s 14 prior home games this season have witnessed three or more goals.