Arminia Bielefeld – Augsburg Prediction and Tips for today, Match 4, 2022
Football: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 25
Kick-off: 20:30 Arminia Bielefeld – Augsburg
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Arminia Bielefeld – Augsburg Match Preview
- Despite two recent road losses, Arminia Bielefeld have been on a good run since mid-December and put a little bit of daylight between themselves and the automatic relegation places. A game against the team directly below them in the table – 15th-placed Augsburg – is a potential ‘six-pointer’ though, or at least a must not lose for Bielefeld, who took a point earlier in the season in the reverse H2H.
- A major part of getting out of the bottom three has been their recent good home form which finds them unbeaten in six at the Schüco Arena (W2, D4), including a win and a draw in their only home league games entered as favourites this season, as they are here. However Bielefeld’s pre-match status might count for little if the H2H record is anything to go by, as they are yet to win a H2H in either of the top two leagues (D2, L5), losing all three at home!
- Augsburg’s late equaliser to draw 1-1 last matchday halted their run of two league losses and lifted them into safety for the first time since matchday 19. Back then it was also a 1-1 draw which helped them escape the relegation zone, which was promptly followed by a 5-1 hammering away from home!
- Away form doesn’t provide too much hope of avoiding that sort of scenario here, as three straight road defeats means Augsburg are the second-worst away team in the Bundesliga (W1, D4, L7), with the joint second-worst average of 0.75 goals scored per away game. The first goal could be crucial though, as Augsburg have collected only one away league point when conceding first on the road (D1, L6).
- Players to watch: Masaya Okugawa’s winner in Bielefeld’s last home game means that his side have avoided defeat in seven of his last eight goalscoring Bundesliga games (W4, D3). The reverse fixture saw Bielefeld concede a goal from a set piece for the first time under manager Frank Kramer – that came courtesy of defender Recce Oxford’s head, one of three headers he’s netted for Augsburg this season.
- Hot stat: Augsburg have scored eight Bundesliga goals from the bench this season, with only two teams in the league scoring more such goals (nine).