Leicester – Leeds Prediction and Tips for today, Match 5, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 28
Kick-off: 13:30 Leicester – Leeds
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Leicester – Leeds Match Preview
- Leicester City’s 2-0 win over Burnley lifted them closer to the top half of the Premier League (PL) table – hardly what fans were expecting their team to be scrambling for after two consecutive fifth-placed finishes. Remaining positive, manager Brendan Rodgers said following that win that there’s “a long way to go in the season”, and they’ve still the UEFA Europa Conference League to play for too.
- Winless in three home league matches (D2, L1), the ‘Foxes’ have sometimes faltered during the second half as their last four PL home matches were all level at the break. If they can repeat their second-half improvement against Burnley – inspired by goals from substitutes Jamie Vardy and James Maddison – they could become the first home side on the day to win this league H2H since November 2012!
- After becoming the first club to concede more than 20 PL goals in a calendar month, Leeds United replaced manager Marcelo Bielsa with ex-RB Leipzig man Jesse Marsch earlier this week. They’ll hope acting now will halt the club’s alarming slide towards the relegation zone after four consecutive heavy PL defeats and no win in six league matches (D1, L5).
- Tightening up that porous defence will be Marsch’s number one priority, particularly as the Yorkshire club have conceded 2+ goals in each of their last six league away games (W1, D1, L4). The American manager has something of a reputation for making sides under his charge hard to beat on their travels though, as he’s lost none of his last three first away games in charge of a new side (W2, D1).
- Players to watch: Vardy’s return to fitness is a huge boost for Leicester and he’s both scored and assisted against Leeds in two prior PL H2Hs. Meanwhile, three of Daniel James’ four league goals for Leeds this term arrived away from home.
- Hot stat: Leeds have conceded an average of 2.6 goals before half-time across their last five league matches.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Urartu - Ararat Yerevan Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Hamburger SV - Stuttgart Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Twente - Heerenveen Prediction and Betting Tips | EREDIVISIE
Match Preview: Manchester City - Manchester Utd Prediction and Betting Tips | FA CUP