Tottenham – Everton Prediction and Tips for today, Match 7, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 28
Kick-off: 21:00 Tottenham – Everton
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 5:0 LOST
Tottenham – Everton Match Preview
- There’s little to cheer about for Tottenham Hotspur at the moment, as their long wait for silverware rolls on another year thanks to their midweek FA Cup humbling against Championship side Middlesbrough (1-0). Manager Antonio Conte felt his side missed a “big opportunity”, but fortunately another one lies just around the corner, with Spurs needing to claim a valuable three points against Everton if they’re to keep their UEFA Champions League qualification hopes alive.
- After losing his last two home league games though, one more such defeat would spell the first time in his managerial career that Conte has lost three successive home league outings. However, given a Conte-managed side has never conceded a Premier League (PL) goal against Everton (W3, D2), that record may live to see another day!
- In contrasting FA Cup fortunes, Everton dispatched National League outfit Boreham Wood 2-0 to make it back-to-back FA Cup quarter-final appearances. It’s a good job that Everton have been able to seek solace in the cup, because their league form remains shambolic, losing 13 of their last 17 PL games (W2, D2) – a record which has dragged them firmly into the relegation battle.
- Despite leaving victorious on their last visit to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, the chances of back-to-back away league wins versus Spurs appear slim. That’s because Everton have won just one of the last 18 PL H2Hs (D9, L8) and are without a PL away win since August (D2, L8), conceding 2+ goals in over half of those games (seven)!
- Key battle: Son Heung-min has been involved in ten goals in his last 11 PL appearances (G6, A4) but hasn’t netted a PL H2H goal since 2018/19. Bidding to keep him at bay, Jordan Pickford is set to make his 200th PL appearance – only the fifth player in PL history to do so on his birthday.
- Hot stat: There hasn’t been a goal in the opening 15 minutes of an Everton PL away game this season.