Match Preview: Brighton 0-2 Liverpool Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Brighton – Liverpool Prediction and Tips for today, Match 12, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 29
Kick-off: 13:30 Brighton – Liverpool
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Brighton – Liverpool Match Preview
- Things aren’t looking too bright for Brighton who have managed only one win across their last eight Premier League (PL) matches (D3, L4). All four of the defeats in that run came across their last four league outings, and they’re now at risk of losing five consecutive PL matches for the first time since regaining their top-flight status in 2017/18.
- Despite this downward trajectory in terms of form, Brighton look unlikely to be sucked into a relegation battle. However, they won’t welcome Liverpool with open arms given that they’ve failed to beat the Merseysiders at home since returning to the PL (D1, L3). They’ve also won only 14 of their 33 league points at the Amex Stadium this season, yet their come-from-behind 2-2 draw in the reverse fixture might give them some confidence – that was one of their joint league-high 12 stalemates this campaign.
- Liverpool saw their 15-match unbeaten streak (W13, D2) come to an end in midweek Champions League action against Inter Milan (L 0-1), albeit they’ll consider it job done after reaching the quarter-finals with a 2-1 aggregate win. Preserving a seven-match winning run in the PL, including five clean sheets, will now take focus, as their relentless pursuit of league-leaders Manchester City continues.
- They travel here as the league’s highest scorers, and will be looking to flex their muscles once again as Liverpool are only two goals shy of becoming only the second team to score 2000 PL goals, after Manchester United. History surely beckons for the ‘Reds’ since they’ve scored 2+ goals in ten of their 13 away league matches this campaign, making them odds on favourites to do so again here.
- Players to watch: Neal Maupay could become Brighton’s outright all-time PL top scorer if he nets here – six of his eight PL strikes this season were his team’s first. As for Liverpool, resting Luis Díaz in midweek could help him get off to a fast start, and he’s scored four of his last six league goals during the first half.
- Hot stat: Liverpool’s 16 goals scored in the 31’-45’ segment is the most across Europe’s top-five leagues this season.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Almeria - Rayo Vallecano Prediction and Betting Tips | LALIGA
Match Preview: Hoffenheim - Werder Bremen Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Crvena Zvezda - Ferencvaros Prediction and Betting Tips | EUROPA LEAGUE
Match Preview: RB Leipzig - Celtic Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE