Fiorentina – Bologna Prediction and Tips for today, Match 13, 2022
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 29
Kick-off: 12:30 Fiorentina – Bologna
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Fiorentina – Bologna Match Preview
- In a saga going back to 1931/32, this will be the 140th top-flight Derby dell’Appennino between Fiorentina and Bologna. The home side hold the bragging rights (W55, D46, L38), and again face their rivals as favourites, with top-six chasing Fiorentina posting the club’s highest point tally from their first 27 Serie A (SA) matches since 2015/16.
- A successful first half of the season allowed Fiorentina’s fans to dream of a first European appearance since 2016/17. However, the departure of Dušan Vlahović has been particularly felt at home, where Fiorentina have scored just twice in four matches since he left – in comparison to 14 goals across their previous four such outings.
- A goalless draw against Torino saw Bologna stretch their current unbeaten run to three, but coach Siniša Mihajlović had to admit that a non-given penalty was a ‘gift’ from the referee, as Bologna’s lone attempt on target failed to inspire hope of better days ahead.
- Bologna have also failed to score in eight of their last nine visits to Fiorentina, and that might not change here, as only the two Genova teams have gained less points across their last five away league outings than Bologna. There is no need to panic though, as Bologna have had more points at this stage just once across their last five seasons.
- Players to watch: Fiorentina’s Krzysztof Piątek has scored five goals across his last six appearances, opening the scoring four times. A likely candidate to spring any shock in his side’s favour is Riccardo Orsolini. He will try to end Bologna’s current three-game drought in Florence, after netting all of his four SA goals this term on the road.
- Hot stat: Nine of the last ten H2Hs have stood level at half-time, including six 0-0 scorelines.