Barnsley – Bristol City Prediction and Tips for today, Match 15, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 38
Kick-off: 20:45 Barnsley – Bristol City
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Barnsley – Bristol City Match Preview
- “I believe in the way the game developed, I believe it could have been more.” That’s how Barnsley manager Poya Asbaghi summarised Saturday’s ultimately disappointing 1-1 draw with Championship leaders Fulham after his side conceded a costly 86th minute equaliser. That was the 14th league goal the ‘Tykes’ had conceded after the 75th minute this season, and consequently they still find themselves four points from safety inside the relegation zone.
- That draw did at least mean that Barnsley extended their solid recent run to just one defeat in five league matches (W2, D2). They scored first in four of those fixtures, which is interesting to note as they’ve also scored the opening goal in each of the last three H2H clashes with Bristol City, although only once did they go on to secure victory (D1, L1).
- Comfortable inside the bottom half, Bristol City are unlikely to go down or up this year therefore they’re a tough side to predict. They beat play-off chasing Blackburn Rovers 1-0 at Ewood Park last time out, in a result that ended their own three-game losing streak. Bristol City are now bidding to secure consecutive away league victories for the first time since September.
- To do so, the visitors will most likely have to rely on their attack, given that their defence has rarely been able to stand tall on the road. Although they secured a recent clean sheet at Ewood Park, that was Bristol City’s first away league shutout all season, shedding some light on why only two sides across the whole division have conceded more goals this season than Bristol City’s 65.
- Players to watch: Barnsley’s Carlton Morris has made five goal contributions in his previous five league appearances (G2, A3), with four of those arriving before half-time. Andreas Weimann was the difference maker against Blackburn, and it was his first-half brace in the reverse H2H that sealed the points for Bristol City (2-1).
- Hot stat: Barnsley are the only Championship side to have lost every game in which they trailed at half-time (11).