Match Preview: Brighton 0-2 Tottenham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Brighton – Tottenham Prediction and Tips for today, Match 16, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 16
Kick-off: 20:30 Brighton – Tottenham
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Brighton – Tottenham Match Preview
- Brighton found themselves on the wrong side of history in their 2-0 loss to Liverpool last time out, losing five successive league games for the first time since their League One days in April 2007. They need a quick fix as a result to stop that losing run, but Brighton face issues all over the park after scoring only one goal across those last five games, whilst conceding 2+ goals in each.
- Still, the ‘Seagulls’ are gliding safely in mid-table, with a comfortable gap over those involved in the impending relegation battle. That feat can’t be put down to their home form though as they’ve secured only 14 of their 33 league points at the Amex Stadium, and have won just once in the PL at this venue since September (D5, L5).
- Tottenham Hotspur were on the wrong side of a Cristiano Ronaldo hat-trick when going down 3-2 to Manchester United last round, splitting their win/loss record to five apiece across their ten PL matches in 2022. Currently sitting in eighth place, Tottenham will be looking to use this game-in-hand to close the gap on those above them as they remain in pursuit of European football next season.
- Failure to achieve that would see Tottenham finish outside the top six in consecutive seasons for the first time since 2007/08-2008/09, and this date with a struggling Brighton might prove more difficult than most expect. That’s because Tottenham have lost on their last two visits to the Amex Stadium, whilst the away side on the day has lost this H2H in nine of the last 11 encounters!
- Players to watch: Brighton’s Neal Maupay has scored his side’s opener in six of his eight PL goalscoring outings this campaign. As for Spurs, Harry Kane scored in his third straight PL game last time out, and six of his last eight PL goals have now come away from home.
- Hot stat: No PL team has seen fewer games end with over 2.5 goals than Brighton’s seven this season.