Match Preview: Aston Villa 0-1 Arsenal Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Aston Villa – Arsenal Prediction and Tips for today, Match 19, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 30
Kick-off: 13:30 Aston Villa – Arsenal
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 WON!!!
Aston Villa – Arsenal Match Preview
- A 2-1 defeat against West Ham last time out ended Aston Villa’s three-match winning run, all of which were accompanied by a clean sheet. While European football looks to be a bit far-fetched for Villa courtesy of a dismal start to the season, a highest Premier League (PL) finish since 2010/11 (ninth) is most certainly still on the cards for Steven Gerrard’s side, so don’t expect Villa to be ‘on their holidays’ just yet.
- Aside from a highest league finish in over a decade, Villa are also playing for back-to-back home PL wins for the first time since January 2021, though any Villa hopes of a victory may once again hinge on a clean sheet given the ‘Villans’ haven’t won any of the last eight PL games in which they have conceded at least once (D2, L6).
- A 2-0 midweek defeat to Liverpool ended Arsenal’s five-match winning run, but they’re still in pole position to claim the coveted fourth spot and a first UEFA Champions League place since Arsène Wenger departed, due to their games in hand. They’ll hope to get back on track at Villa Park, a stadium where they’ve recorded their second most PL away wins (12).
- However under the stewardship of Mikel Arteta, visits to Villa Park haven’t been quite as fruitful after losing both games 1-0, perhaps bringing into doubt Arsenal’s ability to secure five successive PL away wins for the first time since May 2015. Conceding the opener would certainly add to Arsenal’s woes given the ‘Gunners’ are one of just two PL sides (alongside Villa) to have not claimed a single point when conceding first on the road this season.
- Players to watch: Philippe Coutinho has contributed to six goals in his four Aston Villa PL home games (G3, A3) and has only scored more PL goals against Southampton (five) than against Arsenal (four). Meanwhile, all four of Bukayo Saka’s away league goals this season came in games that saw exactly five goals.
- Hot stat: Villa have won 1-0 in their last four 12:30 Saturday PL kick-offs.