Venezia – Sampdoria Prediction and Tips for today, Match 20, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 30
Kick-off: 12:30 Venezia – Sampdoria
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Venezia – Sampdoria Match Preview
- Venezia occupy the bottom three after enduring three straight Serie A (SA) losses, but with a game in hand on the teams immediately above them, the ‘Winged Lions’ remain hopeful of experiencing consecutive SA seasons for the first time this century. With that their aim, they will hope to secure their first top-flight H2H win over Sampdoria since December 1962.
- A win would move Venezia within a point of Sampdoria, and though Venezia are at risk of conceding in 12 straight home matches for the first time since November 1961, they have shown some resilience against fellow teams starting this round in the bottom five (D4, L1).
- That includes a 1-1 draw in the reverse fixture, but stalemates have not figured in visiting manager Marco Giampaolo’s start to his latest Sampdoria stint (W2, L5), and his influence is yet to calm fears of the club’s ten-season long top-flight stay ending.
- Much of Sampdoria’s woes have stemmed from slow starts which have actually seen them go 2-0 down before the 35th minute in each of their last three games. Their 29 first-half goals conceded is worse than only rock-bottom Salernitana while they’ve conceded the opening goal in nine of their last 12 SA away games, meaning they often have a second-half mountain to climb.
- However Sampdoria did score within the first minute in the reverse fixture and will be hoping for another lightning start, as after losing five straight SA away games they’re now at risk of losing six in a row the first time since January 2010.
- Players to watch: David Okereke’s six SA goals have been scored beyond the 30th minute, each time as Venezia’s last scorer. Sampdoria’s Fabio Quagliarella could be looking for an early impact, with his last two SA goals arriving within the first half hour.
- Hot stat: Sampdoria have lost a league-high 13 matches at half-time and full-time.