Match Preview: Liverpool 2-0 Watford Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Liverpool – Watford Prediction and Tips for today, April 2, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 31
Kick-off: 12:30 Liverpool – Watford
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 LOST
Liverpool – Watford Preview
- Liverpool were seemingly down and out of the Premier League (PL) title race coming into 2022, yet their nine-game PL winning streak has propelled them firmly back into the title picture and they now have the chance to leapfrog Manchester City into first – for a few hours at least. The league’s highest scorers have been firing on all cylinders, finding the net 23 times in those nine matches while keeping a remarkable seven clean sheets in the process.
- Anfield has played its part in resurrecting Liverpool’s title hopes, with the ‘Reds’ maintaining the league’s only home undefeated record this season, along with the best home defence. A travelling Watford have often felt the full force of Anfield, with Liverpool winning the last six PL H2H home matches, all by a margin of two goals or more.
- Before the international break, Watford claimed only their second league win of 2022 (vs Southampton), reigniting their survival hopes, although they still sit three points from safety in 18th. Slow starts explain why they are in their current position, as only Norwich (21) have conceded the opening goal more often than Watford this season (20).
- If there is a saving grace for the ‘Hornets’, it appears to be their away form as they’ve earned more than double the amount of points away (15) than at home (7) so far. Former Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has seen his side secure two PL wins on the road in their last four matches (D1, L1), as many as they had in their previous 19 away top-flight fixtures (D3, L14).
- Players to watch: Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has scored nine goals in seven PL H2Hs for his joint-best tally against any team in the competition, while Emmanuel Dennis has scored Watford’s opener in six of the nine PL matches he’s found the net this season.
- Hot stat: Liverpool have lost just one of the 18 PL matches when a former manager has brought a travelling team to Anfield (W14, D3).
Match Preview: Mexico - Nigeria Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Match Preview: Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Match Preview: Albirex Niigata 8-2 Geylang Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Tirol 1-2 Rapid Vienna Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA