Match Preview: Verona 1-0 Genoa Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Verona – Genoa Prediction and Tips for today, April 4, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 31
Kick-off: 17:30 Verona – Genoa
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Verona – Genoa Preview
- Despite suffering the disappointment of missing from the penalty spot last time out (1-1 vs Empoli), Hellas Verona remain confident of notching a third straight top-half finish in Serie A (SA) since gaining promotion in 2019. Here, they are favourites for a victory which would mark their fourth win in five outings at the Stadio Marc’Antonio Bentegodi, and act as a perfect tonic to the Gialloblu’s 2-1 loss against Napoli in their previous home game.
- That defeat was not unexpected by sportsbooks, but there are still questions as to the impact of a distasteful banner unveiled by Verona ‘ultras’ the night before. Their actions led to a section of the ground being closed off, but Igor Tudor’s men remain strong as hosts, taking 62% of their current points total here.
- Genoa remain in trouble, and begin this round facing the prospect of starting Monday six points adrift of safety. However, they ended March with a 1-0 win over Torino, which spared ‘Il Grifone’ the indignity of being the first ever top-flight team to win just one league match all season, while giving them a first run of four straight SA clean sheets since January 2021 – they now hunt a fifth in a row for the first time since 1964.
- New coach Alexander Blessin has clearly done incredible work with Genoa’s defence, but a return of only three goals across his first eight games in charge is a huge cause for concern. By extension, the Ligurians have also failed to score more than once in any league match following the November international break (W1, D10, L7).
- Players to watch: Verona’s Antonín Barák has scored in eight SA matches this term, with six of those producing over 3.5 total goals, including the reverse fixture. Thirsting for more heroics himself, Genoa’s Manolo Portanova scored his maiden SA goal last time out, albeit whilst collecting three yellow cards across previous nine appearances for the club.
- Hot stat: Twelve (75%) of Genoa’s league-high 16 draws have also stood level at half-time.