Millwall – Swansea Prediction and Tips for today, April 5, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 24
Kick-off: 19:45 Millwall – Swansea
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Millwall – Swansea Preview
- Despite conceding a late equaliser, Millwall’s 2-2 draw with promotion-chasing Luton Town (Apr 2) kept them in the playoff hunt amid one defeat across their last ten Championship matches (W6, D3). Whilst that’s encouraging, it doesn’t necessarily tell the whole picture as a run of just one win across their last five games threatens to derail their playoff attempt. It’s been all or nothing in one sense too, as across those five matches they’ve either failed to score or netted exactly twice (W1, D3, L1).
- With one win in the last nine H2Hs anywhere (D3, L5) they haven’t beaten Swansea City here since March 2007 (D2, L3), so Millwall’s unbeaten home Championship run (W5, D2) could be at risk, even if they’ve impressively kept clean sheets in each of their last four such fixtures (W3, D1).
- Recording their first ever league double over fierce rivals Cardiff City (W 4-0) – including their first Championship goal from a corner all season – has given Swansea renewed hope of achieving a top-half finish, even if a playoff challenge is seemingly out of reach. With a game in hand over some sides above them, extending their longest unbeaten league run since January (W2, D1) would further strengthen their chances.
- With manager Russell Martin declaring the Welsh derby result his “best moment” as a manager, he must be proud of how the ‘Swans’ have taken control of matches on the road – only once this term failing to win after scoring first in a league away game (W6, L1). Winning here last April remains their last competitive victory in the capital though (D1, L2).
- Players to watch: Benik Afobe has scored three times across Millwall’s last three fixtures with seven of his nine Championship strikes this term coming after the 55th minute. Swansea’s Michael Obafemi scored a first-half opener then added another after the break in both of Swansea’s last two league away games.
- Hot stat: Millwall’s home Championship matches have produced a league-low average of 1.89 goals per game this term.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Sassuolo - Fiorentina Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Ararat-Armenia - Lernayin Artsakh Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Cong An - Khanh Hoa Prediction and Betting Tips | V.LEAGUE 1
Match Preview: Changchun Yatai - Shanghai Port Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE