Huddersfield – Luton Prediction and Tips for today, April 11, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 41
Kick-off: 19:45 Huddersfield – Luton
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Huddersfield – Luton Preview
- The scheduling powers that be have saved one of the best fixtures until last as Monday sees two promotion hopefuls come head-to-head for the 28th time. Huddersfield Town are winless in five meetings against Luton Town (D3, L2), but will have been buoyed by a 1-0 win over Hull which ended a four-game winless run last time out, even though manager Carlos Corberán “wished it had come sooner”.
- Never mind the timing of the win, the important thing for Huddersfield is that they are the only side in the play-off positions ahead of the round that cannot be caught this round. The ‘Terriers’ have kept their promotion fate in their own hands by losing a league-low two games across the last 20 rounds (W10, D8), largely attributed to their young manager Corberán (39), as there are no younger bosses amongst the 92 clubs in a higher position than Huddersfield.
- Looking to spoil the party are another overachieving side, Luton, who are currently on a run of ten scoring Championship games (W6, D2, L2), their longest such streak since 2006! It was disappointment last time out though for the ‘Hatters’, as boss Nathan Jones said his side were “nowhere near their best” after conceding an 87th-minute equaliser at Peterborough.
- That result did at least extend their unbeaten run of Championship away games to three (W2, D1), their joint-best run of the campaign. One more unbeaten road trip would be their first run of 4+ away league games unbeaten in one season since a run of five to end the 2019/20 campaign, a run which interestingly included a 2-0 win here at the John Smith’s Stadium!
- Players to watch: Huddersfield’s only two victories since the start of March saw Harry Toffolo contribute to the final goal of the game (G1, A1), whilst Luton’s top league scorer Elijah Adebayo (G15) has contributed to three goals across their last three away games (G2, A1).
- Hot stat: Luton have failed to win six of their last eight games played on a Monday (W2, D2, L4).