Atalanta – RB Leipzig Prediction and Tips for today, April 14, 2022
Football: EUROPA LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – QUARTER-FINALS
Kick-off: 17:45 Atalanta – RB Leipzig
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Atalanta – RB Leipzig Preview
- Atalanta would’ve been the more satisfied side following last week’s 1-1 draw in their UEFA Europa League (UEL) quarter-final first-leg clash with RB Leipzig. Gian Piero Gasperini’s side did actually take the lead in Germany but were undone by a Davide Zappacosta own goal which came just seconds after keeper Juan Musso kept Leipzig’s André Silva out from the penalty spot.
- The home side will now be hoping that they can continue their unbeaten home record in this competition against German clubs (W2, D1) and reach their first-ever UEL semi-final. However, their recent form of no win in three competitive matches (D1, L2) combined with a record of scoring one or fewer goals in each of their last six competitive fixtures, does suggest that this tie is far from a foregone conclusion.
- Unlike Atalanta, Leipzig followed up last week’s draw with a weekend win at home to Hoffenheim (3-0), making it an impressive 12 competitive games unbeaten (W8, D4). They head to Italy also knowing that they came out victorious in their last fixture away to an Italian side, defeating Napoli in this competition back in 2017/18 (3-1) which is coincidentally the same scoreline in which they beat Real Sociedad in the away leg of the last UEL round!
- Leipzig’s first two European games on the road this season ended in defeat though, albeit that was in the Champions League. They hammered Club Brugge (5-0) to end that run before dropping into the UEL and securing their 3-1 away success vs Sociedad. While that’s a mixed bag of results on paper, the fact that they’ve scored 2+ goals in each does suggest that we can at least expect plenty of entertainment here.
- Players to watch: Atalanta’s first-leg scorer Luis Muriel is now chasing three straight competitive club goalscoring appearances for the first time since January 2021. Meanwhile, his opponent Konrad Laimer has scored four goals in his last three away matches across all competitions for Leipzig.
- Hot stat: Both Atalanta and Leipzig have scored at least once in all of their European matches this season.